While on a rural placement for my university course I set out to prepare easy healthy food on a budget.
This simple, healthy soup requires only 5 ingredients which may already be in your pantry.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
500g cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
1 can (400ml) coconut milk
500ml vegetable stock (or more, depending on how thick you like your soup)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces, place on tray and drizzle with olive oil (and sprinkle with cumin)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and fragrant
- In a food processor or using a stick blender, mix roasted cauliflower, coconut milk and stock until smooth (thin out soup with water or additional stock)
- Warm soup in a sauce pan if required and top with extra virgin olive oil and cumin