Roasted chickpeas are a perfect gluten-free “crouton” replacement in salads.
They’re so simple to make and are a healthy snack on their own.
It is easy to personalise this recipe with your favourite herbs and spices.
1 can of chickpeas packs 30g of protein!
1 can chickpeas (400g)
Approx. 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Your favourite herbs and spices
Example spice combinations:
- Simple: salt and pepper
- Italian: chilli flakes, oregano, crushed garlic, salt and pepper
- Mexican: ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, ground chilli, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry with a clean tea towel
- Combine olive oil and spices in a bowl
- Add chickpeas and toss to coat evenly with spice mixture
- Line a tray with baking paper, tray should be sufficiently large that chickpeas are not on top of each other (one layer)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crunchy
- Eat hot or cold as a snack, use as a garnish for salads, soups and dips