Since my brother purchased a flippable waffle-maker for my birthday I have been a little waffle obsessed. By adding a little veg and reducing the sugar content I am able to justify eating waffles at any time of day without compromising on flavour.
Carrot cake waffles
Makes 3 (1 cup) waffles
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 eggs (for vegan waffles simply omit eggs – waffles will be chewier)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup sultanas/chopped dates
- Turn waffle press on so it heats up while you make the batter.
- Combine grated carrot and dry ingredients.
- Gradually add wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add 3/4-1 cup of mixture to waffle press (may differ with different models) and sprinkle with sultanas/chopped dates.
- Top with maple syrup, cinnamon, yogurt and/or fresh fruit.